Tech Note: Nukelies Forum is Fully Downloadable

High quality forum - Link guides to videos & evidence - Website notes - Nuclear revisionists vs nuke liars

Tech Note: Nukelies Forum is Fully Downloadable

Postby rerevisionist » 26 Apr 2011 12:09

Technical note on site-grabbing Nuke Lies:--

I've found that our site - all the forums - can be site-grabbed, including the avatars and photos, even when these are on other peoples' sites. I use whtt site grabber (free). All the postings and their links seem OK. Even the search feature seems to work on the hard disk downloaded copy.

With whtt, just set the search depth to about 50, and the external search depth to 0. In this way, pictures on external websites are stored, without further detail of these sites. (This works for other PHPBB sites, such as CODOH's revforum.yourforum.org . If you set viewtopic and viewforum as parts of file names to be positively selected, you'll be spared endless links which you mayn't want. OR maybe exclude *wiki* and other sites with interminable links. CODOH's entire debate on the 'Holocaust' from early 2000s is downloadable - though it takes many hours).

I mention this because blogs and the CMS sites (Content Management, e.g. Wordpress) usually use DisQus or IntenseDebate to hold all comments, and these comments are stored on the comment sites' own servers; the result is the sites and comments can't be downloaded, or at least not easily. Forums don't have this problem.

May be important if you want to keep a record of your own forum posts and replies to them, or study the site offline, or keep a record, or don't trust sites not to be pulled.

NB this forum is NOT (March 2012) on www.archive.org
Last edited by rerevisionist on 05 Mar 2012 18:12, edited 12 times in total.
Reason: Updated 2 Sept 2011
rerevisionist
Site Admin

Return to Welcome to "Nuke Lies" Forum! Do Nuclear Bombs Exist?